He is a young co-driver, but an expert in Spain’s national rallies. Since his debut in the Spanish Rally Championship he has forged a solid career. He has started rallying in 2001 in the Rally do Lacón in Carballino, part of the Aycom Cup, where he claimed the runner-up position. The first victory in his career arrived when he wascco-driving for Suso Ferriños in the Rally of San Froiland, part of the Punto Cup. After this win, he joined Alfonso García to race the Rally de Botafumeiro at the wheel of a Peugeot 106. His good performance was a first step for his reputation as a co-driver. After that he took some more steps up with Garre, Reiriz, Vilariño and more, until teaming up with Antonio ‘Cohete’ Suárez.
“With Pepe we want to move forward step by step and we have a fantastic opportunity to showcase ourselves and improve with the PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY team. It’s up to us to make the most of it! “
Born in Pravia (Asturias, Spain), Suárez is now one of the most talented drivers of his age, which granted him a seat in the World Rally Championship inside the WRC2 class. In 2017 his plan is to fight for the ERC U28 class and to keep improving steadily aboard the PEUGEOT 208T16.
‘I am aware of the privilege offered to me, having been chosen by PEUGEOT to ensure that the PEUGEOT 208 T16 is as fast as possible in ERC this season. I’m really grateful to PEUGEOT for giving us this opportunity, because there aren’t too many committed manufacturers or vacant seats. I could hardly dream of a better gift for this season and, I hope, for the coming seasons. The atmosphere in the PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY team is very good and there is mutual trust. I hope to be able to reward all those who support me with victories and a professional approach in this championship. I have learnt a lot WRC2 and learnt from the mistakes I made. My goal in ERC this year is to do my job professionally, in this team where I feel very happy, and try to win the title of the U28 category. If I have the slightest chance I won’t miss the title. Our goal is to add up miles at every race and minimize mistakes. “
– 2010 : Rally of Asturias runner-up
– 2010 : Spanish Rally Champion in the R3 class
– 2010 : Spanish Land Rally runner-up
– 2011 : 1st Gr N in Rally of Madrid
– 2012 : WRC Academy runner-up
– 2012 : 1st in the WRC Academy class in Rally RACC Catalunya
– 2013 : 1st in Junior class in the Acropolis Rally of Greece
– 2013 : Spanish Rally Championship in the R2 class
– 2013 : 1st in the Rally of the Community of Madrid
– 2015 : 208 Rally Cup winner
– 2016 : Involved in WRC2 inside PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY with PEUGEOT 208T16
– 2017 : Involved in ERC U28 inside PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY with PEUGEOT 208T16