Six weeks after clinching this season’s FIA World Rallycross Championship Teams’ title at Franciacorta, Italy, Team Peugeot Hansen heads to Rosario, Argentina, on November 28-29, intent on adding a sixth victory to its 2015 record.
The last round of the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship is being hosted by Rosario, Argentina’s third-biggest city. After Team Peugeot Hansen wrapped up the year’s Teams’ crown at the year’s penultimate meeting in Italy, and given that Timmy Hansen’s chances of winning the Drivers’ title are extremely slim, the Franco-Swedish squad’s priority will be to conclude its highly successful 2015 campaign with a sixth victory.
Timmy Hansen (#21) will be out to end the year as the 2015 season’s most successful driver in terms of wins by adding a fourth victory to his score in Argentina, while Davy Jeanney (#17) is hoping to triumph in South America after coming first in the calendar’s North American showdown at Trois Rivières, Canada, in August.
Meanwhile, congratulations to Peugeot Red Bull Hansen Junior Team’s Kevin Hansen whose 2015 RX Lites title has earned him a drive in a Supercar at Autodromo Rosario. The 17-year old will be the youngest driver in rallycross history to compete in the sport’s premier series.
Kenneth Hansen (Team Principal):
“In contrast to last year in San Luis, this year’s track is based on a permanent asphalt circuit. I am sure the spectators in Rosario will consequently be able to discover rallycross in first class conditions and that they will be treated to some fantastic racing. If the weather stays dry, Timmy, Davy and our two cars should all be in their element in Argentina.”
Argentina’s round of the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship will be shown on TV in more than 120 countries worldwide. The semi-finals and the final will be broadcast live in France on L’Equipe 21 and in Sweden on TV10.
Saturday, November 28
• 11:00: free practice
• 14.00: Heat 1
• 16.00: Heat 2
Sunday, November 29
• 09.00: warm-up
• 10.30: Heat 3
• 12.00: Heat 4
• 15.00: Semi-finals & Final
• Length: 1033 m
• Asphalt: 60 %
• Gravel: 40 %
FIA World Rallycross Championship standings after 12 rounds
1. Petter Solberg (SDRX, Citroën DS3), 279 pts
2. Timmy Hansen (Team Peugeot Hansen, PEUGEOT 208 WRX), 253 pts
3. Johan Kristoffersson (Volkswagen Team Sweden, Volkswagen Polo), 228 pts
4. Andreas Bakkerud (OlsbergMSE AB, Ford Fiesta ST), 215 pts
5. Davy Jeanney (Team Peugeot Hansen, PEUGEOT 208 WRX), 189 pts
6. Mattias Ekström (EKS, Audi S1), 179 pts
7. Reinis Nitiss (OlsbergMSE AB Ford Fiesta ST), 164 pts
8. Toomas Heikkinen, (Marklund Motorsport, Volkswagen Polo), 128 pts
1. Team Peugeot-Hansen, 442 pts
2. Ford Olsbergs MSE, 379 pts
3. SDRX, 312 pts